Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Valerie


My life journey as a photographer enables me to meet some extraordinary people & to share life changing moments. Val was diagnosed with Breast Cancer and wanted to document this pivotal moment in her life. The photographs, I took of Val are some of my best work. She has the most soulful eyes, incredible bone structure and elegant hands. I really played with the light, moving it all around her during the shoot to focus on her eyes, face & hands. Valerie wrote to me after our shoot together, “I really appreciate you giving me the opportunity to do something empowering in a situation where I often feel very powerless.” The good news, Val is now a cancer survivor.





















Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

gbrummett said...

Kathryn,

The lighting and pose in this set are simply awesome!

Grant

Debbie Savage said...

Very beautiful! God bless her!