Sunday, April 19, 2009

Road Trip

During Easter week, I went on a road trip along with my fabulous boyfriend, Mikko. We drove to San Luis Obispo and spent our first night @ the unique Madonna Inn http://www.madonnainn.com/ and stayed in one of the rock rooms. I loved the bathroom with it awesome rock shower. This was our first getaway as a couple and the Madonna Inn was steeped full of romance. We started out with champagne in our room, then dinner at the over-the-top steakhouse and dancing. It was very memorable. The next day we continued on to Hearst Castle. I had not been in years; it was a real treat to tour it again.

This was Mikko’s first time to drive along Coast Highway, Big Sur to San Francisco so we stopped along the way to savior the many vistas. Then we arrived in San Francisco which has special meaning to me as I was born there. We stayed there for 3 days. Since I have been many times, and Mikko only once, I took over as the tour guide. We walked across the Golden Gate Bridge twice, and of course I had to take him to Muir Woods where we hiked amongst the redwoods breathing in the freshest air

We spent our days and nights exploring the city by the bay, and enjoying each other company. It was just the most special getaway because I shared it with someone that means so much to me.
















Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Inn looks awesome. How organic. On my list now :) Thx for sharing the pics. Debbie

gbrummett said...

Kathryn,

Love the photo of you guys at the Golden Gate Bridge!

Grant